Newsletter Advertising Information
Information About The National Certified Counselor
- The NCC is the newsletter of the National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc., (NBCC) which is the largest professional counselor certification agency in the United States. The NCC is the prime source of news and information for counselors who hold NBCC certification.
- The NCC is distributed to all counselors who hold NBCC certification. National Certified Counselors (NCCs) work in a variety of educational and social service settings such as public and private schools, mental health agencies, private practice, correctional facilities, community agencies, rehabilitation agencies, and business and industry. NCCs are trained to assist persons with a variety of needs – aging, vocational development, addictions, adolescence and family concerns, to name a few.
- The NCC is also distributed to over 900 agencies, universities and qualified trainers who hold Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) status with NBCC.
- The NCC is distributed to over 600 graduate-level university counseling programs. These programs make the newsletter accessible to the thousands of students attending these programs nationwide.
- The NCC is published three times a year to a population of approximately 45,000 individuals and 1,500 organizations, agencies and universities.
In each issue you will find:
- News and features pertaining to counselor certification and licensure.
- Updates on continuing education issues to assist certified counselors in meeting.
- Recertification requirements.
- Updates on professional issues and events of interest to the professional counseling community.
NBCC Advertising Policies
- Advertising will be accepted only for counseling-related continuing education events or products and services related to the practice of counseling.
- Advertising is available for one, two, or three consecutive issues at a time. A limited amount of advertising space is available for each issue.
- The publication of an advertisement by NBCC in no way implies NBCC’s endorsement of the advertiser’s theory, product, or service.
- Contact information for the advertiser must be included in the advertisement.
- NBCC reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement without cause. The content of all ads is subject to NBCC’s approval.
- NBCC may refuse any ad that we determine to be misleading or inaccurate.
- Positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of NBCC.
- NBCC will not be liable for any costs or damages if, for any reason, it fails to publish an advertisement nor for any errors in publication. Advertisers are responsible for notifying NBCC of any corrections needed. Failure to provide correct information may result in removal or rejection of an ad.
- NBCC is not liable for any delays in production or delivery due to any condition beyond NBCC’s control.
- Advertisers assume liability for all content of advertisements and will assume responsibility for any claims that may arise from their content.
- All fees are subject to change without notification.
- Advertising fees are not refundable. NBCC cancellation of an advertisement is the only exception to this policy.
- All advertising order forms, payment and ad copy must be received by the deadline date in order to be considered for the upcoming issue.
- An ad that must be rejected due to space limitations will be returned to the provider along with all fees and forms.
- Time sensitive advertising materials are strongly discouraged since actual newsletter distribution times may require adjustment without notice.
Policies revised June 2004