Benefits of Certification
National certification from NBCC shows your colleagues and the public that you have voluntarily met high national standards for the practice of counseling. In addition, National Certified Counselors (NCCs) receive a number of benefits below:
- Access to low-cost, highly rated liability insurance through Lockton Affinity, designed to meet the needs of counselors;
- The ability to market yourself using your certification;
- Use of NBCC certification marks on business cards, advertisements, Web sites and other promotional materials;
- A free six-month listing in the Therapy Directory, an effective tool for attracting clients;
- The opportunity to participate in free webinars offered by the NBCC Foundation;
- Continuing education credit with Psychology Today;
- Access to ProCounselor, an effective and convenient online resource that offers many features, including a timeline tool for tracking continuing education;
- Specialty certifications to show your expertise in the areas of addictions, clinical mental health or school counseling; and
- Special prices on NBCC services, such as examination registrations and score verifications.
In addition, certification fees help support NBCC’s advocacy efforts for the counseling profession.